Flipkart

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Book Review of Grow up Messy

About the book

Childhood is considered to be the best time of one’s life. What if you get a chance to live it once more with a five-year-old?
Misry, a naughty five-year-old girl, lives with her parents in a B.S.F border outpost near Indo-Bangladesh border. But with no schools and friends she feels very lonely. She tries to befriend some local village kids. But they find her incompetent in their rural antics. They nickname her Messy as most of the time she messes up their plan. Can Misry really be a part of the gang?
Set in the early eighties, join Misry in the adventures of her life.

My Review

The story revolves around a little girl Misry (named after an Indian sweet). But people around her call here Messy, just like making fun of her.

A light hearted story with the story revolving around our sweet little protagonist Misry. It is a beautiful story showcasing the beautiful lifestyle of Misry far from the humdrum of the city life.
The story shows how differently kids grow up far in the countryside and enjoy the nature than the electronics gadgets that the city kids get from their parents.

Having sweet revenge on his cousin Raju and Bheeru, it was awesome when I reading the story. It made me feel as if I am not connected to the real world and how it functions. I felt as if I am busy being busy.

Jatra an Indian play (like theaters) was something that I read about after a long long time. When I was a kid I did go to Jatra and played with goat kids and calves. I had a great time back then and really enjoyed life.

The author has done an incredible job in describing all those details and I relived the moments all over again the story.

It is a great book for kids and they will fall in love with the story plot. Whatever a little girl can do, Misry has done it.

Awesome book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge