Books that children should read
Books are the best companion of all times and they will always be by your side. They are a treasure house of knowledge and to be very frank 26 alphabets of English are not enough to praise them. For a kid they are an excellent weapon against ignorance and lead them with utmost care and love towards a better human being.
Kids should read and inculcate knowledge from books from a very early age and the types of books they read creates their roadmap of life.
Here is a list of books a kid should
1. Dairy of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.
2. Alice in wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
3. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
4. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
5. One thousand and one Nights.
6. Wisdom of children, Where Love is God is by Leo Tolstoy.
7. The Happy Prince and the Canterville Ghost, The Nightingale and the Rose by Oscar Wilde.
9. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
10. Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne.
11. A little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
12. A Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper.
13. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
14. Julius Caesar, Macbeth by William Shakespeare.
15. Tenali Rama stories.
16. Chandamama and Champak magazine
17. The Krishna Key by Ashwin Shangi.
18. The story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf.
19. O. Henry short stories.
20. Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
21. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dhal.
22. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
23. Gulliver Travels by Jonathan Swift.
24. Jonathon Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
25. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.
26. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
27. Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp.
28. Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
29. Anton Chekov short stories
30. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
As a kid I grew up reading all these stories and I love reading them even after 10 years. The books captured my imagination and we believed the characters as real and daydreaming. We wished that we could be in a Wonderland with all the magic happening around us. In fact we saw ourselves playing the character.
Funny and crazy ideas, these are the memories we cherish and treasure for times to come.